I cannot believe how fast this month has flown by.
In sadness I have lost two excellent employees, John Clifford and Jesus Ocampo. Both have been so instrumental in making great food AND giving me piece of mind so I can have a day off here and there. They are both on new journeys and I love and pray for both of them.
Veterans are very close to my heart, my brother was in the Navy and my father was a Korean War Vet. I grew up in the early 70’s and many friends were in Vietnam. I thank them for their service and in their honor we will be giving 10% of EVERY Tuesday’s sales to Pittsboro VFW. They do a lot for the community and are presently renovating their building and the grounds.
Are a huge success and we will be continuing on for 2016.
Money Monday Schedule:
- December 21 – Sonshine and Blessings
- December 28 – Can-tr
- January 4 – CORA
- January 11 – St. Barts Free Lunch
- January 18 – Sonshine and Blessings
- January 25 – Council on Aging
9TH ANNUAL FREE CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER
Bella Donna has served over 3000 people on Christmas Eve over the past 9
- Looking for volunteers AND/OR food donations of cooked or uncooked foods.
- Desserts are always needed.
- We have already had 8 turkeys, 2 hams as well as $150 in cash donations.
- Would love some collards if anyone has too many growing in their backyard as well as sweet potatoes or squash..any variety will be fantastic!
- Any leftovers go to the Women’s Shelter and the Pittsboro Fire Department on Christmas Eve.
- I come in at 9 a.m. and we serve food at 5:00
- You are welcome to volunteer any time from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. – of course earlier times are cooking times, middle times are serving time and later times are cleaning up. I bet you can guess which shift the volunteers fall short? 🙂
- No pressure, come for an hour or stay all day, there is always something to do.
- Bring aprons and hats if you have them. Hair must be tied back or covered.
- Volunteers please come to the back door.
- Enter on the Piggly Wiggly side of the restaurant.
- Sign-in and receive your container to fill up with wonderful food and desserts.
- We will not have any drinks available.
- Each person will receive 1 container
- You can go through the line as many times as you like.
- There is a donation jar at the front of the line for those who feel they can contribute.
- Exit on Advance Auto side.
- My goal is to feed 500 people this year! Let’s do this!
NEW YEARS EVE PARTY!
- 8 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- $45 per person includes
- DJ Bill
- Party Favors
- Champagne at midnight
- Fantastic buffet of appetizers, pastas, salads and desserts. (I hear the oyster fairy is visiting us again this year too!)
- Breakfast Buffet served at 12:30
- Cash bar
FUN FUN FUN!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Bob and Donna at Bella Donna